Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A hay post

What is it about hay! I LOVE HAY! When Poppy got home yesterday he asked, why did you buy another bale of hay? Well, a bale and a half  of hay is hardly being extravagant! The bale in the hay rack was half gone. The fresh new hay was for the rack and the older hay was used to make the teeny tiny barn warm and cozy...for Rosey and Asa...and me... cause you see, when the sun shines in...


Town & Country had just unloaded a stack of good looking, sweet smelling hay...for six dollars a bale. Guess I need to put back a dollar or two here and there...to buy hay, bales and bales of sweet smelling hay...to stack and store in the teeny tiny barn. Gosh, if I would get busy and sell a few aprons and bonnets, that would be spending money...for hay, hay, and more hay! There's my incentive!


and when the sun shines in...


and warms the hay in the teeny tiny barn...


it makes me feel good.

Does it sorta bother you when you've bought an item, and the clerk asks, would you like a bag for this? The clerk asked me that very question yesterday when I bought the bottle of Dormant oil. Being me, my thinking is...if the clerk asks you that, they must be running short on bags, and again, being me and not wanting to be a bother to anybody, I said no thank you, that's okay. I then carried my purchase out to the car, in my hand, while putting my checkbook away and searching for the car keys somewhere down in my pocketbook. A bag would have been nice to hang on my arm.



The clerk also asked, do you need a receipt...well, yes! A receipt reminds me to tell Poppy about the check and remember the amount, and what if we need to return something! We are still old fashioned that way.

As Grandson John used to say..."I wonder why"! Why do I love hay and barns in sunshine. Sometimes I dream about owning a big barn with a loft, and lots of golden hay.

Okay, time to stop dreaming and get back to work! We had to get up at 3:30 this morning so Poppy could get to work by 5:00.  

Love,
Henny


Post a Comment

0 Comments