Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Looking back at last week's favorites

A short post on a Sunday afternoon to look back at some of my favorite parts of last week.

It's a girl!  This is our 8th grandchild  and 5th grand daughter who will make her entrance into the world in late December or early January.  We had known that a new baby was on the way, but just found out last week that it's a girl!


Speaking of grand daughters, I got this sweet post card from seven-year-old Hailey.  Made my day!

More goodness came in the mail with this lovely heart felt letter from one of the "orphan missionaries" (my term for Mormon missionaries serving with out family support) I recently wrote to.


I always love making new friends whether its through the mail or in person.  Last week I made a new friend - my new visiting teacher from church, who stopped by to get acquainted. She brought a delicious loaf of homemade wheat bread and some yummy freezer jam, which Charly and I have really enjoyed.

More delicious goodness was was the fresh raspberries I have been loving for breakfast this last week.

I made a crock-post full of our favorite meatless black bean chili this week. (Yes, it also has red kidney beans and I took the picture just after I had added the cloves of garlic but before I stirred them in). With just Charly and I at home now, we enjoyed the leftovers of this chili for several evenings. It's health and tasty.

These three nice people, two of whom were total strangers to us (the woman in the middle used to be in our church congregation) were on a "service scavenger hunt" Saturday morning for an organization called Life Leadership.  They saw my husband working out in the yard, gave him a bottle of water and asked if they could wash our rain-spotted old Toyota.  You bet - wash away. The water and the wash job was much appreciated.  

With that, this seems like an appropriate thought for the coming week...



Thanks again to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for the opportunity to share my favorite things of the past week.




Post a Comment

0 Comments