Mid-February already! We are all enjoying an extra day of weekend for President's Day. Last week was one filled with blessings and God's goodness. I am expecting more of the same this week. His grace is always there when we look for it! I am joining once again with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for...
As I look out my window:
Another bright, blue-sky, sunshine-filled Arizona morning. The high for today is expected to be 86!
Right now I am:
Finishing this post, which I started last night. I am thinking that I need to go upstairs and get dressed. I have today off (President's Day) and I slept in this morning, but I am not one to stay long in my pj's. so I will shortly be taking a break for this post to get dressed.
Thinking and pondering:
Wow - so much on my mind right now - it is a busy place! I feel like I have so many different things I am trying to juggle. Many changes coming in our family in the next few months, I believe - scary and exciting at the same time. I am trying to focus in just on this day and what I want to accomplish. I have also been remembering the wonderful experience I had last week as I was able to serve as a volunteer usher at the Gilbert Temple open house. It was a special opportunity - memories to last a lifetime.
On my reading stack:
I finished Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas last week and really enjoyed it. You can read my Goodreads review here. I am now reading my very first Danielle Steel book, loaned to me by a neighbor. So far I am not impressed, but it is an easy, quick read and I'll let you know how I like Johnny Angel when I finish it, hopefully, later this week.
On my TV:
The only thing I watched all weekend was Downton Abbey. I was disappointed with the way the season began, but now, I am enjoying the series once more and looking forward to watching it every Sunday evening.
Menu for the week:
I'll take it one day at a time, but right now I am planning breakfast for dinner one night. That could be pancakes and bacon and eggs or breakfast burritos. There are always leftovers, it seems. I still cook for a family of six instead of the three of us still at home.
On my to-do list today:
Laundry
Ironing
Revising and polishing Charly's resume
Finishing one online class and beginning another
Taking just a bit of time out on a day off to do something I enjoy - reading or crocheting top the list
Plans for the week:
Deb - online classes for me - (two at the same time for a week or so)
Deb - lunch with friends on Saturday
Charly - teacher professional development classes
Josh - Senior English research paper
Josh - Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration Performance practice (I will post more about this in a few days).
What I am crocheting:
I finally got a few minutes to begin my granny square mood blanket yesterday. After I had done both squares with variegated yarn, I realized that the color of the square is supposed to reflect the crocheter's mood that day. Not sure what variegated yarn says about me, other than I really like colorful things, no matter what my mood!
My simple pleasure:
Going to the largest book sale in the state of Arizona, this last Saturday. The VNSA used book sale (shown in a couple of borrowed pictures above) is an annual even held every February, in a huge building, at the Arizona State Fairgrounds. There is an amazing collection of books of every kind for $1-$3. Charly and I go almost every year. Here are some of the reading treasures I found this year:
I finally have a full-set of two Debbie Macomber series.
These Christian fiction books looked interesting.
I found out that they also sell puzzles so I decided to bring some home.
Starting this new puzzle and beginning my granny square mood blanket have also been simple pleasures for me this past week.
Lessons learned (and still learning) this past week:
Do whatever is in our power, pray mightily, trust God. Listen to His voice for inspiration on how to deal with difficult relationships and situations.
Looking around the house:
Everything is basically in order. Perhaps, there is a little straightening to be done in the kitchen but generally, I don't like to go to bed with major messes in the house.
From the Camera:
Another amazing Arizona sunset.
Long lines of open house visitors at the Gilbert Temple Thursday afternoon. Over 400,000 people went through the temple open house over the last month.
Some colorful flowers in the temple gardens.
Homemade potato chips! They were so delicious and such a hit with Josh and Charly too. I was inspired by Tracey at her lovely blog Clover.
Valentine's Day was low key around here. The afternoon at the book sale was our big "Valentine's Date," but hubby remembered with me with a little something on the special day of love, as he always does, and I love him for his thoughtfulness!
An Amish oatmeal cake was my Valentine's gift to him. He shared it with Josh and I and it was enjoyed by all!
Prayer List:
- My husband, all of my children - especially the youngest
- Good friends from Wyoming who have fallen on very hard times financially
- All those who attended the Gilbert Temple open house.
Gratitude:
- The opportunity to participate in the Gilbert Temple open house and serve as a volunteer usher.
- An extra day off.
- A really nice weekend with good, quality, fun times spent with my dear husband.
- The opportunity to take free college classes that will help me get a raise in pay - hopefully for next school year!
Scripture Verse to Ponder:
"And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness:
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."
--Colossians 3:14-15




0 Comments