It's kind of depressing in a way that no food will be bought with dividends this year as the kids usually enjoy the "wow" shopping trip for the year, but I feel good about not having a huge grocery bill staring me in the face either *laugh*. The pantry right now is sitting pretty good, which is a good feeling for sure.
The funniest part is that part of me doesn't know what to do with myself this month. Normally this month not only am I preparing for shopping, but then I'm ripping apart the pantry and freezers to find the room I need to put said food and also this time of year is usually when I spend part of dividends to buy things like apples to process and put up food for winter. Thankfully, with all the reduced produce I've found throughout the year and canned, I don't need to do that this year either. So, instead of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, I'm sitting there going, "Wow. It's done already. What do I do now?"
So, after much thought, I decided this would be a good month to just start really focusing on Christmas gifts and getting some other projects done (including a Halloween costume for my daughter). So, here are this month's goals!
Sewing Goals:
- Sew Halloween costume for daughter
- Work on Christmas gifts
- Work on mending
- Make son his weighted hat (I've been messing around trying to make him a weighted baseball cap, but haven't found the right thing to weight the hat with that would weigh enough. My husband thinks he's got a good idea, so now it's trying to find said thing to put in said hat :).
Cleaning/Organizing Goals:
- Get hallway closet gutted, supported better, reorganized and put back together.
- Clean walls in children's rooms (getting there on getting them cleaned to that point)
- Move daughter's dresser into closet and reorganize room to hopefully work better.
- Continue to recover the house from being down and out with the shoulder and then implement a cleaning schedule once done completely.
General Goals:
- Get winter tires on car (hopefully I can order those today and just get them on tomorrow or Friday)
- Get daughter through orthodontist check up (done yesterday. It went fine :).
- Get children their flu vaccinations (my son gets the flu for 21 days if he gets it, so we make sure we get this done every year period now).
- Get flu vaccinations done for myself and husband
- Get through yearly physical (here's hoping we have money for this).
- Get son through third "long wait" allergy shot.
- Have a safe and fun Halloween for the kiddos
- Pay bills and be able to do so without deep hurting (I can hope anyway).


0 Comments