I've been dogging commercials I hate, but there are a few now that I actually like.
I love the one where the genial, bearded adult son takes his genial, bearded dad to Norway, and after they've been there for a while, they discover they're really from Sweden. So they just pick up and go to Sweden. Seriously, somebody should give these two their own show: The Genial, Bearded, Slightly Dim Dad and Son Travel Show. Even though they never say anything, they're adorable, in their matching wool sweaters, hanging at Ibsen's favorite pub.
I also admit to enjoying the ad with the girl who gets a pony as a gift while all her pals get cool cell phones. The pony is obviously deranged, possibly rabid, and is seen eating her family's doghouse, and when one friend ventures to ask if he bites, the girl's YES response is so definite I laugh every time.
But I'm not going soft, it goes without saying that I hate hate HATE the Burger King Hit Moms. I mean, I'd like to murder the plastic-headed Burger King too, but those women are screechy and annoying. One whines about how BK is moving into mom territory by making some sandwich with "garlic sauce" on it, and all I have to say is gee, nice stereotype that mom's only role is to cook for her kids, and also, what mom ever made homemade GARLIC SAUCE to put on any mom-made food item? Not in my universe.

0 Comments