![]() |
| "Retrieval now indicates a 98% co-incidence with forty-seven previous raids in the Aphis Sector (102)." |
This 28mm metal model of a Necron Raider was sold by "Games Workshop" as Necron Warrior 5 (Code 9947011000205) and mercilessly 'chopped up' by Dave Stone of "Wargames Terrain Workshop" fame, so as to provide some of his other figures with cybernetic limbs. Fortunately, its remains have since been very kindly gifted to me, and resultantly become the second of three Necron-themed objective markers I plan to accompany my 'Oldhammer 40K' Necron Kill Team.
Having initially been super-glued to a thin 40mm base, and dramatically posed with the aid of some "Gale Force Nine" Grey Stuff, the supposedly long-deceased robot was primed with "Citadel" Abaddon Black and subsequently layered with Ironbreaker. The skeletal automaton was then washed with Nuln Oil, roughly dry-brushed with more Ironbreaker, liberally treated to a coating of "Mig Productions" Extreme Rust Wash, and finally given a second dry-brush of Ironbreaker.
![]() |
| "Dungeons & Dragons" WIPs - A Half-Elf Sorcerer, a Gnome Infiltrator and a Lizardman Warrior |
A similar technique was applied to the Necron's Gauss Flayer using "Citadel" Abaddon Black and "Mig Productions" Extreme Rust Wash. Although the weapon's tip was actually painted using a combination of "Vallejo" Heavy Khaki and "Citadel" Biel-Tan Green. Lastly, so as to imbue the defunct "spine-chilling" machine with an Egyptian aura, the raider's collar was 'picked out' using "Vallejo" Gold and "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade, Vallejo "Heavy Blue" and "Citadel" Drakenhof Nightshade", as well as "Vallejo" Heavy Red and "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson.
In addition to my Necron objective/spawn marker I have also begun painting three of the five adventurers I plan to use for my "Expedition To The Barrier Peaks" campaign. These wonderfully animated, yet sadly 'Out Of Production' "Dungeons & Dragons" miniatures were made by "Wizards Of The Coast", and predominantly come from the company's discontinued "Chainmail" range.
![]() |
| Nemesis The Warlock WIPs - The "2000 A.D." comic book character is slowly being progressed |
As I plan to actually use "Mutants And Death Ray Guns" by "Ganesha Games" to play this old "D&D" module with, rather than the fantasy tabletop role-playing game by Gary Gygax, I thought a broad range of heroes and races would really help test out many of the rule-set's numerous traits, abilities and weapons. As a result I am currently painting a Gnome Infiltrator (with repeating crossbow), a Half-Elf Sorcerer, and a Lizardman Warrior...
Finally, having recently finished both Torquemada and some Terminators, I have started work on their "fire-breathing demonic alien" opponent, "Nemesis The Warlock". This plastic "Wizkids" pre-painted miniature has been sat gathering dust in my painting queue for a couple of months now, but having spent a little time on the "2000 A.D." comic book character, I am already halfway through painting all of his battle armour.




0 Comments