Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Fashion Plate Days

Last week, The Captain at To Baldly Go posted about his new flat cap and how it's the only kind of hat that looks good on him. I empathize with his post a great deal because I too look terrible in hats. Except for flat caps and fedoras -- those styles I can absolutely rock! Yes, I know they're both technically men's hats. What can I say?

All this started me off down memory lane back to the days when I used to wear a grey tweed flat cap all the time. It was the late 1970s and I was a young student at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg.


Along with this cap, I always wore my union label, Canadian made GWG blue jeans. Alas, my butt never looked quite so good in them as this --


My hiking boots were one-size-too-small cast-offs from my sister --


And I paid the inordinate price of $15 to buy a green army satchel from Army & Navy Surplus in which to carry my books. In those days, this was the absolutely must-have accessory for cool university students. It was the only time in my life that I was up-to-date with a fashion trend, LOL!


I got an old brown work shirt with long sleeves from my Dad . . .


. . . which I wore unbuttoned over a t-shirt with this logo on it (except the beaver was dressed like a Mountie). Hmmmm, "Beaver Patrol" -- too subtle?


Yes, I was a walking, talking, Baby Dyke stereotype, but I'll have you know I never wore plaid! By gawd, I had my standards.

Post a Comment

0 Comments