Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Boards and things

As you can see I have been battening out some terrain boards. Each board is 2' square with 3/4x1 1/8" pine battens. Experience has taught me that this will both stop the boards warping and also reinforce them at the same time. While I am sure there are many other ways of doing the same thing I know this way works and gives a good result. I only managed to get four done, before the cold weather, boredom and need to get ready for work made it sensible to stop. I might manage more over the weekend. 4 is the minimum I can get away with, but 6 boards would be idea. Anyway it's a good solid start and a vital first step. Should I make a couple more over the weekend then I will start to plan the layout. Obviously I have things in mind, but until you start to lay them out I never know for sure. (Actually I only really know what I want when I have done what I don't want!) ........ Typical of me!

To the right is a new bag. A promotional Item for Virgin Galactic. So far this year I have managed to stick to the proposed projects, but I am now thinking outside that limited range as we run up to Cavalier, the first show of the season for me. Luckily one of my game ideas would require a certain company to be there, and this year they are not. So I will not get side-tracked  onto that idea until at least Salute when I get to talk the guys concerned. That does not mean there is no danger of me getting way-laid by other projects at Cavalier. As I have a little list of things I will be looking for. The most major of these is the War of Spanish Succession figures. While I would like to do this in 6mm, having sent for some figures I must say that now seeing them in the "flesh" I am not overjoyed with them, as such I give fair warning I may change scale even after the very helpful poll. I feel a little guilty about that, but if my hearts not in it I see no point in forcing it. The chances are that I will not see anything better but it is fair to say I will be looking at a couple of other options.

That's todays blog post thanks for reading and more again on Sunday. All the best Clint

Post a Comment

0 Comments