Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wigmore Warriors at Salute 2013 - The Battle of Flodden.



Last year I was contacted by John from Wigmore Warriors, Wargaming Group. He sent me some photos of his growing collection of figures that he's painting up for the Battle of Flodden, he has used some of the Flodden flags that I previously posted, which I'm very pleased about! Its great to see someone else using them apart from me.

John went on to say

" The Wigmore Warriors will be staging the Battle of Flodden 1513, probably we wont be the only ones as its the 500th anniversary of the Battle this year. We are a small group of friends and like minded wargamers spread from Luton to Essex who have been putting on games at Salute for twelve years.  Flodden is my baby, a guy from the battlefields trust planted the idea two years ago and your flags and a copy of Barrs book prompted me to get it going.  All the units will be represented. The figures are a mix of old Glory, Dixon and Redoubt Enterprises.  Figure scale is 1:100.
As for rules, I am not sure what we will use yet.  I have in mind Peter Pigs Bloody Barons or Lance and Longbows Polaxed."

So if your at Salute on the 20th April this year, go check them out, by the look of the figures it should be a great game.












Post a Comment

0 Comments