I know, I said that I would like to have finished with Imperial Guard before year ended, but it seems quite impossible task. Anyway, let's advance a little. Today, the Valkyrie aircraft.
Another aspect of my obssesive way to understand the personalization of my minis is related to the interior of vehicles. See what I mean:
 |
| Yes, that white thing is the first-aid kit. It seems that everybody forgets abot that and I belive it's essential in any transport! |
 |
| That was a (failed) attempt of red light flashing. Not ready for jumping out yet! |
A sight of the interior, showing the aircraft in battle condition:
 |
| You expected it clean? Get out to the field and let's see how long does anything keep clean |
The bench belongs to the Forge World resin kit with this wonderful crew:
 |
| Elysian parachutists, recycled as an assault team for my Regiment |
 |
| Amazingly detailed minis indeed |
Here's the complete interior, including the artillery crew:
 |
| We're crowded inside! |
The colour and identification system is just the same I've already shown you:
 |
| Circles for Infantry, squares for armoured vehicles... Triangles suited well the aerial support |
 |
| The door handle is not part of the kit, it's an improvisation of mine: just a staple glued to the door ;) |
I've become quite fond of detailing kits with little signs and indications, as they are part of real military vehicles. Caution signs, instructions and so.
 |
| Decals which I painted over and tiny signs everywhere |
Not much improvisation on the cockpit, just painting the detailed interior:
 |
| A real cockpit has way many more buttons, but what the hell, it's a sci-fi figure... |
 |
| I placed a HUD to improve the model. It' just a little piece of transparent plastic with random signs painted on it :) |
As this is Warhammer 40,000, I couldn't put the signs in English. They are all in Gothic (plain Latin). So there's no "
watch your step" but "
cave pedes", and no "
air intake" but "
aeris ductus":
 |
| I know you can't read them but believe me, they're there |
The final result is this:
 |
| Ready for duty |
Okay, this is it!
Have a nice end of 2012, we'll meet again in venturous '13. Happy new year!!
0 Comments